Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Poem 6: My Trust

In God I trust
In Him I hope
With faith that
Does not rust
I cling to Him
Like a dope

In the midst
Of the storms
Amidst the mist
That forms
When the world
Around me shakes
And the foundations
Of my life rattles
I am stabilised
With this thought
That my God cares

My hope is
In the Rock
The Rock to
Which many flock
Though I shake
Many times
Upon the Rock
It never for once
Shakes under me

Like Mount Zion
That shall never
Be shaken
Is he whose
Trust in the Lord
Is unshaken
But cursed is the man
Whose trust is in man
Who trusts in the arm of flesh
Forever shall I be blessed
For my trust
My unflinching trust
Is in the Lord

My heart shall
Always be glad
A song shall always
Be on my lips
Dancing shall be my lot
Joy shall be my garment
Healing shall be my food
Strength shall be my clothing
Because in God
Have I hoped
In Him
I have put my trust

No comments: