Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Poem 10: In your presence

I love it in your presence
A session before your throne
Like the cool that caresses in the morning
Like the sweetness of honey dripping
Is time spent in your presence worshipping

Oh I love your presence
The cool of your presence
The privilege to tell you my need
With knowledge you'll pay heed
The Holy Spirit you then give as a seal
Even to increase my zeal

Your Word you give
My sins you forgive
Light to guide my way
As I tread through the day
Oh I love to talk to you
When the leaves still hold dew

Grace and mercy
To help in time of need
Power and strength
All into me you feed
Peace you grant in the fullest sense
When I abide in your presence

My troubled heart you calm
With your touch like a balm
My needs you supply
Even as your Word apply
Comfort and love you shower
Making my sorrows seem fewer
My infirmities away you peel
My diseases you completely heal

Joy and laughter
I experience
Throughout, after
A session in your presence
Is over
Sometimes many ask
When in your joy I bask
Why so much joy and happiness
Then in form of answer
I tell of your power
Oh, how I enjoy your presence

Into your presence I will always come
Before your throne I will make my home
For there goodness and mercy
Shall follow me always
Oh, how I love it in your presence
A session before your throne

No comments: